Skin Care After Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy is freezing the skin with liquid nitrogen. This is commonly used for actinic keratoses and warts.
- · Minor discomfort is common and usually relieved with acetaminophen (Tylenol) if necessary.
- · Wash the treated area on a daily basis with gentle soap to keep the area clean and to gently remove any loose scab or crust.
- · Treated areas may swell, blister and fill with blood. Please do not worry. This is quite normal. Blisters can be pricked with a sterile needle if you find them intolerable.
- · The wound healing time can vary between a few days to a couple of weeks for larger areas.
- · If you feel the pain is not subsiding after four or five days of the treatment and if the wound becomes increasingly red and painful or discharges pus, it is probably infected. Please contact us (or another doctor if we are unavailable) since you may need antibiotics.